Thursday 27 June 2013

Culmination

I do not know who or what I am. At times I feel as if I lack myself of a unique identity that would distinguish me from the rest of the masses. I try to search for a reason for the existence of this random spontaneous feeling of mine. I am unpredictable – when I am happy I might appear to be the nicest person in the entire world but when I am sad I might be the last person you would wish to be with. I am an incandescent sun emitting brightness in every dark corner when I am in a jolly mood. I am the radiance of melancholy when I am thinking about the world and all the worldly things living in it. In my entire life, that one feeling which troubles me the most is the realization of my existence as a human being living on this planet. It’s not at all related to any pessimistic outlook towards life but it is solely related to the essence of realization of existence. If you ever close your eyes and wonder whether you are still alive, the first question that comes to your mind is why exactly I am doing this. But then you decide to ignore that question and proceed to explore further into your thoughts. You think about the thing that you want the most in the world, and immediately after that succumb to the thought of your inability to acquire it. Next, you think about why you would fail to acquire that thing and start to enlist the flaws in yourself and your personality. When the list grows bigger, you start feeling like a loser in life, that just because you could not acquire that thing you would not be able to do anything in your life. You try to prison yourself in dark curtains of oblivion and proceed to think about a prosperous future ahead hoping that you could pull something off in your later stage of life like a late bloomer. But even after this optimistic bit of thinking, the previous thought strikes at you again, this time it is harder to ignore it and this is the stage where you give up to yourself. Now you cannot think at all and you feel as if you are stranded in the middle of a deep blue ocean with the waves soaring high approaching you from all the sides. You want to escape but you know that you can’t. The water starts rushing in and hits you hard. You are now sinking into the depth struggling to go back to the surface of water. You keep on trying constantly but you eventually fail. You know soon within seconds you are about to die, bid goodbye to this world, your friends, your foes, your parents, and everyone around you. You try to hold your breath as long as you can. This can be compared to you thinking that one day you will be able to acquire that thing which you wanted the most in your life. But after seconds when you are about to finish that last breath of yours, you realize that you are about to die. This can be thought of as your inability to acquire that thing even in the future when you are a whole lot better close to perfect. Your last breath finishes and then you feel the kick. You open your eyes as fast as you can and look around yourself. You see the world is the same as it was before you closed your eyes. You feel your hands, your face and then you feel yourself breathing as hard as you could possibly ever had done before. You breathe in a sigh of relief but then you ponder upon the thoughts of trying to comprehend this entire scenario. You look into the sky and wonder what’s going on. You do not get an answer (and you never will). The reality is that there exists no reason for your existence but the only thing that exists here is you. This is where you realize that you are actually alive and living as a human being on this earth. This entire experience is really haunting but then it’s a matter of time you move on to momentarily forget about all this just to escape from the eeriness of your failure to justify your own existence. I live in reality, reality is my best friend. He troubles me a lot and plays games with my mind making me hurt my head and think a lot about things I am not even supposed to think about. But then he keeps me awake and safe from the illusionary dream where without him otherwise I would had been doomed to eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, we've talked about Donnie Darko a few weeks ago. I couldn't message you on Fb, what's up with that? I've also lost your email address. But here I am, haven't forgotten about you! Please don't mind my Google Account, don't use my real name on there because I actually find this pretty weird. But here is my email address if you still want to chat: Jenni11231@hotmail.com

    Take care!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete